In an op-ed for the WSJ, Mattis shared his thoughts on leadership, the current state of US politics and his experience of working for President Trump.
Mattis decided to resign from his position as defense secretary for the Trump Administration in December 2018, primarily because Mattis and Trump tended to clash on many military issues including, Trump’s decision to withdraw troops from Syria and Afghanistan.
In his letter of resignation, Mattis said, “Because you have the right to have a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects, I believe it is right for me to step down from my position.”
- “What concerns me most as a military man is not our external adversaries; it is our internal divisiveness. We are dividing into hostile tribes cheering against each other, fueled by emotion and a mutual disdain that jeopardizes our future.”
I agree with this 100% because we are in a state in this country where real truth and undeniable facts matter to us, little people. Our emotion signifies we care and we care enough, the disdain is for the people in Washington who have consistently lied to us in great achievement or in great tragedy the lies continued to persist. We have disdain because the people who still don’t get it are continuously perpetuating the lies the establishment pushes that are baseless. Truth and right way is our future.
- “Nations with allies thrive, and those without them wither. Alone, America cannot protect our people and our economy.”
Some of this is viable the other stuff is ridiculous, especially considering if he truly believes that he’s as responsible.
They are under oath to follow the constitution and defend the country from enemies foreign and DOMESTIC. This is cowardice. The military-industrial complex seems to be at work here.
- “Using every skill I had learned during my decades as a Marine, I did as well as I could for as long as I could.”
Yes, you wanted nothing but to keep fighting a war that was never justified and never needed. These wars were started over lies and money and the continuation of that is absolutely disgusting.
- “All Americans need to recognize that our democracy is an experiment—and one that can be reversed. We all know that we’re better than our current politics.”
Yes, that’s true and it’s mostly worked except that you have people who have pulled the string of this country nonstop for centuries and it’s created so much divide that the American people have had enough. The media hates that Trump won, the military-industrial complex, the deep state, the Democrats and Republicans along with Americans who have been turned into sheep for decades.
- “Wise leadership requires collaboration; otherwise, it will lead to failure.”
We’ve failed to improve things on a grander scale because oppressors who have run this Oct try only saught greed.
- “We can see storm clouds gathering. A polemicist’s role is not sufficient for a leader….We will occupy an increasingly lonely position, one that puts us at increasing risk in the world.”
This sounds good and scary but the fact is America has always and will always be at increased risk of the world. We are the greatest country in history and people hate us for it. America is not perfect nor will it ever be, but striving for perfection it in a world full of sin in a different manner is the goal regardless of the risk.
If Mattis was worth anything he would have forced Trump to kick him out of the WH citing that ‘someone needed to watch Trump he is dangerous.’ instead, he resigns and says good things about Trump right out the door. Don’t waste your money on a book that’s not worth your time and like every other person who has quit or been fired from the Trump admisntartion, it’s mostly bull shit.
I never voted for Trump and I would never vote for Hillary, but I like President Trump and I really think his intentions are usually based in good theory. I don’t always agree with Trump because he’s human he’s not always right and he is his one worse enemy because he has no self-control. People refuse to admit they are much more like the president than they realize. He is the most visible flawed leader we have veer had.
The media persuades people to think otherwise, therefore, creating false narratives of a man who has constantly had to defend himself. It’s worse than partisan politics against this President it’s the world against one man and his supporters.