It’s that time of the year again, the time in the NFL Off-season where dreams are created and crushed. The time of year where fans become hopeful or hopeless.
This mock draft will include all 32 1st round selections. Criteria for the picks are things I expect to happen and what I think should happen in this years draft. I will also attempt to include Mock Trades in this Mock Draft.
Let’s start with everyone’s choice as the “Team most likely to lose to Alabama”… THE CLEVELAND BROWNS
1. – Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma. The Browns need a QB who can handle the pressure of playing in Cleveland and change the culture at the same time. While some may question Baker’s overall package, he can bring an attitude to a team that desperately needs a change in identity .
New York Giants
2. – Saquon Barkley RB Penn State. The Giants could easily trade this pick or take a QB, however, I believe that the talent of Barkley will lead to them taking him over accepting a trade down. With OBJ’s uncertain status, the Giants add a legit playmaker to help Eli Manning and get what many people consider the best player in this year’s draft.
New York Jets
3. – Sam Darnold QB USC. The Jets get a QB and the risk-reward of Darnold, who has seen his stock take a hit, after his impressive Freshman year. Darnold is seen as the best QB in this draft by some and immensely flawed by others. The Jets could have 2-3 options at QB, however, it’s apparent that will take QB when they get on the clock.
Cleveland Browns trade w/ the Buffalo Bills
4. – Josh Allen QB Wyoming. The Bills trade up and get their QB, Josh Allen, who may be the most controversial prospect in this draft class. Allen is seen as having the physical makeup of a Franchise QB, but lacks the production and accuracy of other prospects. This pick is important for Buffalo, considering the Bills have passed on Carson Wentz, Mitch Trubisky, Pat Mahomes, and Deshaun Watson, over the last two years.
5. – Quenton Nelson LG Notre Dame. The Broncos will have multiple options they could pick a QB or trade down with another team. I have them addressing their offensive line by taking Nelson, who is believed to be the best o-linemen in the draft. This is a major priority for Denver as the look to rebuild their offense.
6. – Bradley Chubb DE NC State. The Colts could use a lot of help as they rebuild their roster. Bradley Chubb is highest ranked pass rusher in this class and could help immediately improved the Colts defense
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
7. – Derwin James S Florida State. Tampa looks to improve their defense and adds a talent young Safety.
8. – Calvin Ridley WR Alabama. This may be considered early for Ridley, however, the Bears continue to add talent for their young QB.
San Francisco 49ers
9. – Denzel Ward CB Ohio State. San Francisco looks to add talent to their secondary and are able to do so with Ward. This could
Oakland Raiders Trade w/ the Arizona Cardinals
10. – Josh Rosen QB UCLA. The Cardinals need a QB, they jump in front of Miami to make sure the get Rosen.
11. – Roquan Smith LB Georgia. The Dolphins are rebuilding their defense and take Smith to make him a part of their new core on defense.
Buffalo Bills Trade w/ the Cleveland Browns
12. – Minkah Fitzpatrick DB Alabama. The Browns need help in the secondary and take the versatile Fitzpatrick to help immediately improve their secondary.
13. – Tremaine Edmunds LB/DE Virginia Tech. Washington adds a talented pass rusher on defense, possibly to replace an aging Ryan Kerrigan
Green Bay Packers
14. – Jaire Alexander CB Louisville. The Packers need talent at a lot positions, in this case they draft Alexander after trading Damarious Randall at the beginning of the off-season.
Oakland Raiders (Trade w/AZ) Trade with New England Patriots
15. – Lamar Jackson QB Louisville. Back to back Louisville picks, the Patriots have two first round picks and trade up to get their potential successor to Tom Brady.
16. – Will Hernandez G UTEP. The Ravens could have gone QB, but with Jackson gone, decide to go offensive line to help Joe Flacco.
Los Angeles Chargers
17. – Da’Ron Payne DT Alabama. The Chargers improve their run defense with the selection of Da’Ron Payne.
18. – Josh Jackson CB Iowa. The Seahawks are overturning their defense and select Josh Jackson to help replace the void left after Richard Sherman’s release.
19. – Marcus Davenport DE UTSA. Dallas could go reciever, but good value with a pass rusher at pick 19 with Davenport.
20. – Harold Landry DE Boston College. The Lions improve pass rush with Landry.
Cincinnati Bengals Trade w/ Buffalo
21. – James Daniels C Iowa. The Bengals improve their offensive line, but if a QB is still available this could be a potential landing spot for one.
Cleveland Browns Trade w/ Buffalo
22. – Taven Bryan DT Florida. The Browns address defensive line after trading Danny Shelton.
Oakland Raiders Trade w/ New England
23. – Rashaan Evans LB Alabama. The Raiders improve their linebacker core
24. – Hayden Hurst TE South Carolina. The Panthers get a TE who can replace the aging Greg Olsen
25. – Leighton Vander Esch LB/DE Boise State. Titans get a pass rusher who could contribute immediately.
26. – Vita Vea DT Washington. The Falcons replace defensive lineman lost in FA with Vita Vea.
New Orleans Saints
27. – DJ Moore WR Maryland. The Saints continue to give Drew Brees weapons.
28. – Connor Williams OT Texas. Steelers grab an offensive lineman
29. – Mike McGlinchey OL Notre Dame. The Jaguars improve their offensive line
30. – Isaiah Wynn OG Georgia. Vikings get a guard to improve their O-line
Oakland Raiders Trade w/ New England Patriots
31. – Mike Hughes CB UCF. The Raiders get a Corner to improve their defense.
Kansas City Chiefs Trade w/ Philadelphia Eagles
32. – Mike Gesicki TE Penn State. The Chiefs trade in the 1st round and take a TE, they decide to go all in on offense. Travis Kelce is 29 and the Chiefs look to grab a young TE to pair with young QB Pat Mahomes.